Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Compensation Analyst at our Dulles, VA offices for the newly formed Innovation Systems sector. Reporting to the Director of Compensation, the successful candidate will have responsibility for providing analysis, consultation and support to Human Resources and business leaders for the newly formed Innovation Systems Sector as well as help in the design, implementation and administration of the company’s total compensation programs, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the Assessing and Rewarding integrated process and training for the business unit in partnership with human resources and organization effectiveness teams.
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to provide guidance on total compensation solutions.
- Completing complex analyses to provide alternatives and recommended solutions to business issues and needs
- Engaging with HR Business Partners to identify current and future compensation needs, researching market trends and analyzing data to develop and ensure the execution of HR/Compensation priorities that align with business objectives.
- Supporting the development and delivery of enterprise-wide compensation training and communications to foster a greater understanding of total compensation.
- Reviewing job classifications, position descriptions and market data to make recommendations with respect to job qualifications and levels in support of company policy and organization budgets.
- Collaborating to ensure successful change management in support of compensation-related programs and priorities.
- Conducting ad hoc research upon request from HR and other business/department leaders.
- Periodically reviewing and assessing pay competitiveness across business functions, identifying and recommending appropriate adjustments.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 + years compensation, HR or related discipline experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize based on business needs, and work well within a fast-paced, project-focused environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail.
- Strong consultative and communication skills.
- Knowledge of HR practices (including compensation analysis).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with Excel, including ability to perform various functions such as V-Lookup, pivot tables, formulasDemonstrated effective presentation skills and techniques.
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate within a team environment.
- Strong focus on quality of work.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex data and information.
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and problem solve.
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other applicable field of study.
- Certified Compensation Professional or progress towards certification.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft including query writing.
- Previous experience in a large government contracting environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Human Resources