Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Contracts
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK’s Propulsion System Division is seeking a Sr. Manager, Contracts to lead a Business Segment Contracts team (NASA Programs) at our Brigham City, UT location.
The Sr. Manager, Contracts is responsible for leading and/or conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide and ensure proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer requirements. The lead will also oversee and direct the daily activities of Contracts employees engaged in these activities.
- Responsible for primary contractual liaison with customers for a business segment
- Responsible for the effective review, negotiation, management, and closeout of contracts
- Responsible for the effective coordination, pricing, delegation and submittal of proposals
- Primary responsibility for effective customer negotiations of contract scope, price, terms, and conditions,
- Provide advice and recommendations to V.P. Programs (or Sr. Director, where applicable) on contractual rights/obligations and methods for change, risk, and cash management
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple moderately complex contracts and contract actions simultaneously that may involve significant risk with little consultation with management,
- Work under general supervision while using sound judgment to develop creative solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters while ensuring business unit compliance with customer requirements,
- Must be able to serve as an example and mentor to 3-4 direct reports, professionally lead and direct the daily activities of the contracts management employees, and delegate work assignments; to ensure compliance, accuracy, and work timely work assignment completion,
- Lead and/or participate in team building with internal functions (i.e. Program Management, Finance, Engineering, Safety and Mission Assurance, Supply Chain Management and Business Development).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, or related field; an advanced degree (MBA) is highly desired; NCMA certification is a plus.
- Minimum - BS Degree and fifteen years of experience, or an MS Degree and ten years of experience in contracts administration within an aerospace environment.
- Demonstrated Successful proposal pricing and preparation, risk identification, Contract Negotiation, Customer Liaison, Budgeting/Cost Control Experience
- Experience and knowledge of FAR/DFAR, CAS, and government contracting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and computer skills
- Leadership Experience
- Ability to multi-task and work with all levels of employees.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ?into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years