Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Network Systems Admin
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Network Systems Admin for Aerospace Structures Division’s Large Structures Center of Excellence in Luka, MS.
The Senior Network Sys Admin will be responsible for the following:
Provide primary, secondary and tertiary support for users of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Provide support for network and connectivity issues – Layer 1/Layer 2
- Perform routine administrative and technical tasks such as reviewing operating logs, performing system imaging, creating user accounts and various reporting.
- Manage the delivery objectives for end-user impacting projects such as IT equipment moves, technology refreshes, operating system upgrades and other large scale projects.
- Provide primary support for client computer access to network resources.
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and applications consistent with IT standards and processes.
- Provide technical support for non-standard division specific systems and data collections devices.
- Coordinate issues and solutions with other IT support personnel and users.
- Respond to user issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work as a member of a team and provide off-hours support when required.
- Use the tracking system to document issues and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with established company security policies and accepted risk impact to the business.
- Maintain IT-related documentation (e.g. installation notes, process documentation, etc.).
- Support IT projects as required.
- 5 + years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have a passion for customer support
- Must be self-directed
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to desktop systems and peripherals.
- Able to diagnose and mitigate basic network connectivity issues.
- Able to deploy new hardware, peripherals (standalone or networked) and software.
- Able to quickly determine user issues and take action to solve problems.
- Able to assist users via remote support tools or at the user’s desk.
- Able to establish computer connections on existing networks.
- Able to use operating system tools to mitigate system issues.
- Able to install and configure printers.
- Able to follow standard processes and documentation.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to be considered for position.
- Experience with Ghost and imaging
- Experience with A/V equipment specifically professional sound systems, security cameras, and modern conference rooms
- Experience with Windows 7/10
- Experience with Scripting VBS/Powershell
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Group Policy
- Experience with SCCM
- Experience in a highly-regulated, engineering industry (e.g. Aerospace) is a plus.
- Microsoft and other certifications a plus.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology