Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Material Planner
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Role description & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Material Planner for Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems Division, you will be responsible for managing the material requirements to support production at our Promontory, UT facility.
- Create and manage purchase requisitions to ensure timely ordering of necessary materials
- Manage and control material inventory including controlling excess, insufficient, or deficient materials. This may require working with the customer, Engineering, Program Manager, Buyers, Finance, suppliers, or other external vendors
- Ensure that material requirements are available to support production schedules by working closely with production planners, buyers, and procurement quality engineers to ensure that the needed material is on time and meets necessary quality requirements through inspection, analysis, and any applicable testing
- Assist in identifying alternate and/or new materials as needed for IR&D related activities
- Identify and manage material risks
- Resolve moderate to complex material issues as necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with MRP and scheduling systems (Deltek Costpoint a plus) and Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Good Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Willingness to develop new ideas to streamline processes and identify cost savings
- Technical expertise and ability to read technical drawings a major plus
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business, or finance
· Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of material planning experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
This position maybe filled at a lower level depending on skill base
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ?into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years