Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Program Control Analyst on our Finance team in our Bacchus (Magna), Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Program Control Analyst is responsible to provide finance support to the program and finance groups.
- Participates in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management EVM. Maintains resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales and profit forecasts, staffing study and variance analysis.
- Perform quarterly Estimate-At-Completion with program cost control managers and Functional Managers. Responsible to ensure use of approved burden/labor rates, validate Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the estimates. Compiles periodic (e.g., monthly) budget estimates at completion (EACs) to help control budget costs against the annual plan
- Develop cost estimates that support proposals efforts for both customer RFP and internal activities. Works to prepare estimates that are complete and accurate with necessary justification on tasks. Ensures methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate. Help price and compile the proposal.
- Participate in the control of costs and schedules through cost schedule control system. Prepares internal and external customer reports.
- Assist Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), Indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with an ungraduated degree or 2 years’ experience with a graduate level degree.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, or Economics.
- MBA is preferred
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years