Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Desktop Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Principal Desktop Tech to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
Qualified candidate should have the following skills:
- Customer relationship skills - must have a passion for customer support
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Must maintain a neat and organized work area
- Communication skills (English speaking)
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Quick learner / self-directed
- Follow instructions
- Work and act in a safe manner
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to follow precise instructions
Qualified candidate must meet the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to spend an entire shift on their feet (walking, up/down stairs, standing, crawling under desks)
- Ability to work an entire shift of sustained physical labor
Qualified candidate should be able to accomplish all of the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Resolve trouble tickets related to hardware, software, and network problems
- Create, maintain and follow standard work documents and checklists
- Install and configure software
- Solve problems with applications, printers, projectors, desktops, laptops and phones
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft operating system environment
- Solve problems in person and remotely
- Unbox, stage, install and configure new computer systems
- Experience using drive imaging tools
- Familiarity with mobile devices to include Blackberry, iPad, and iPhone
- Follow established processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years technical support experience
- HS Diploma
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Information Technology