Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems Division is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Buyer at our Bacchus office location in Magna, UT.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for procuring a wide variety of different high tolerance materials including machined metal parts and precision molded plastics to support numerous rocket motor production programs. This position represents the organization for numerous development efforts in addition to managing a variety of significant subcontracts for production programs.
- Receive and review each Purchase Requisition (PR) for completeness and necessary information.
- Prepare requests for bids/quotations as necessary.
- Evaluate quotations/bids received and makes final vendor selection.
- Purchase assigned materials/commodities.
- Ensure proper terms and quality clauses are negotiated and incorporated into each Purchase Order (PO).
- Negotiate price, payment terms, and delivery method to ensure lowest total cost/best value for assigned materials.
- Interface with program management and follows-up on all assigned/placed PO's to ensure program requirements are met.
- Coordinates and makes the necessary arrangements for processing discrepant supplied materials and makes proper disposition of rejected/noncompliant materials.
- Approve supplier invoice exceptions for payment by the Accounting Department in accordance with governing policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations about and develops sources based upon research, quality discounts, alternate brands and freight carriers.
- Document all PO files in accordance with company and Government regulations and procedures.
- Close out PO's files in accordance with company and Government regulations and procedures.
Expected Requirements / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field preferred and 5+ years’ experience in purchasing.
- Dynamic Buyer with experience sourcing and managing the procurement process for both high volume and high complexity materials, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Metal fabrication and machining knowledge
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Knowledge of teaming and strategic agreements with the ability to source, negotiate and establish blanket ordering agreements
- Ability to interact with Program Management and Production Management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR and NASA requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience using Microsoft products to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred Requirements / Technical Skills:
- Knowledge about forecasting
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with concurrent engineering
- Continuous improvement mindset with experience such as PES and Lean
- Experience in ERP systems such as Deltek CostPoint Preferred
Position may be filled at a lower level depending on education and/or experience
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years