Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information System Security Officer
Orbital ATK in Plymouth, MN is seeking an Information System Security Officer.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Orbital ATK Armament Systems is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. The division specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
The division is a leading supplier of integrated medium-caliber weapon systems for land, air and sea platforms through its world renowned Bushmaster® line of automatic cannons produced at its Mesa, Arizona facility.
Through its management of America’s largest, privately owned proving grounds, Armament Systems allows Orbital ATK and its customers the ability to rapidly test weapons and demilitarize them when necessary.
- Provide Information System Security Officer (ISSO) support and continuous monitoring of classified Linux and Windows computing environments.
- Perform back up duties to the Security Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
- Coordinate the certification and accreditation of classified Linux and Windows computing environments.
- Perform system, server, and workstations audit reviews in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Interface with Security, the ISSM, Program Engineering staff, Classified Lab Managers, and general users to ensure adherence to all company Information Assurance/Information Security (IA/IS) regulations and policies.
- Perform all requests for inter-network data and media transfers as requested.
- Perform site and user inspections for compliance with security policies.
- Assist in writing, review, and coordination of System Security Plans.
- Manage and validate user accounts.
- Monitor for, identify, report, investigate and document IS-related security incidents.
- Review the entry/exit of both IS hardware and software from controlled areas.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within 9 months; must be a US Citizen.
- Associates degree from an accredited university.
- 2 years of IA/IS experience, or 5 years of general Information Technology experience.
- Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7/10, Red Hat 6/7.
- 5 years hands on experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems, patching and security hardening.
- Must be self-motivated and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Related experience in classified operating environments, and understanding of classified processing requirements.
- IS Certifications (Security+, CISSP)
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Systems Eng., Information System Security, Information Technology/Assurance or equivalent working experience.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework and NIST 800 series guidelines.
- Experienced in automating workflows, such as writing scripts for desktop management.
- Experience with firewalls, encryption, networking hardware, and vulnerability scanning systems.
At Orbital ATK, our strategy is to deliver affordable innovation to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. You'll be amazed at what you can do! Orbital ATK offers a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers. Our organization is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. Orbital ATK employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can't be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years