Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Electrical Engineer - Analog_Digital
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Analog and Digital Sr. Engineer for tactical missile system development and production programs
Key responsibilities include:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Experience with Missile hardware design, range safety, telemetry and flight terminations systems highly desired.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts Analog, Power and Digital designs and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
- Create Analog, Power and Digital designs simulation models using computer modeling tools.
- Creates test plans and procedures for a variety of circuit card, environmental testing and Electrical System Integration.
- Oversees or participates in hardware and integration in a laboratory environment testing.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement based on review of failure data and supports development and implementation of component design improvements or updates.
- Supports design reviews and test activities, as needed. Supports subcontractor evaluation, selection and coordination activities with respect to Analog, Power and Digital needs.
- Develops specifications and requirements, reviews Engineering Change Proposals, and generates formal whitepapers and failure reports.
- Supports program Engineering Configuration Change Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB), as required.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Analog, Power and Digital product design and development.
- Safety engineering knowledge desired.
- Proven hands on design experience of board level and system level products.
- Experience with Open System Architecture
- Direct Digital conversion experience / signal processing hardware experience / Data link experience is a plus.
- Strong Analog background with a good mechanical understanding.
- Experience desired in manufacturing support, characterization, test.
- Ability to use and collect test data using Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Logic Analyzers, Software Based Debugging tools, In-Circuit Emulators, RF Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and signal generators is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret military requirements, specifications, and Engineering drawings/schematics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors are a must.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with some direction.
- Innovated thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and “out of the box” ideas.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team
- Ability to study and understand complex electronics/mechanical systems
- Ability to create or review presentations, emails, white papers, trade studies, and reports for content and accuracy.
- Ability to follow company processes and procedures
- Meticulous documentation and attention to traceability skills
- Familiarity with Mentor PCB Design suite (DxDesigner, Layout, Simulation, Hyper lynx), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio), and CAD tools and Matlab.
- Familiarity with Printed Wire Board and Circuit Card Assembly processes (schematic capture, layout, fabrication, assembly) from concept thru design and production and sustaining through end-of-life.
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years