Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Software Engineer (NBOC)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Software Engineer will have a primary focus to develop and maintain flight and ground support software for the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility. This position requires the ability to define software requirements, code to industry software and design principles and participate in the verification and certification of flight software. In addition, the candidate will work closely with electrical engineers and flight teams to ensure the code meets flight requirements.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a software development team and provide system solutions as required.
- Develop application solutions following an established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Participate in routine code reviews across development efforts.
- Work with the software team to ensure efficient code migrations between development environments.
- Provide technical troubleshooting of software solutions both custom and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)
- Work with management to provide schedules for software and report deliverables.
- Works directly with users of the software to resolve process issues, data conflicts, and solution verification.
- 2 + years of experience required with asp.net, vb.net C# development
- 2 + years of experience required with LabView and LabWindows
- Experience and understanding in written communications as related to Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Understanding and some experience in Software Development Methodologies
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S Citizen
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience writing Ada code
- Experience writing device drivers
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Four year degree in software engineering, computer science or information technology/information systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years