Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Ground Software Engineer (NRL)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We have an urgent need for Sr Ground Software Engineers. The location for this position is the Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C., with frequent visits to the TSD Beltsville, Maryland facility.
Under close direction, assist in the development, creation, and modification of computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Designs, develops, tests, and debugs software and/or tests. Develop and direct software system testing procedures programming and documentation. Coordinates and installs routine software. Provides inputs for documentation of software.
- Participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of software.
- Strong C/C++ and Python skills
- Some Java experience
- Documentation experience
- Neptune experience
- Git familiarity
Strongly Desired Skills
- Robot Operating System (ROS) and RViz (Robot Visualization) software experience
- Alternatively, other robot modeling tools
- General robotics experience
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 4 – 6 years of experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years