Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
This position is contingent upon award
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager, Operations to provide leadership to our Technical Services Division team in our Wallops Island, VA office.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Zombie Target operations with responsibility for contract (technical, schedule and cost) performance
- Managing Safety and Mission Assurance implementation: ensure compliance of safety procedures
- Responsible for human and material resources
- Coordinate and direct off-site operations
- Monitor production and adjust schedules as needed
- Facilitate company policies and goals
- Continuously track and improve on operation efficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Good communication skills: keep management informed of relevant information in a timely basis
Specific Requirements / Licensing:
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows
- Strong knowledge of planning, scheduling, risk management.
- Demonstrated problem solving/conflict management skills; is a decisive decision maker
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
Minimum Education / Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science with minimum ten (10) years of professional experience related to the standard duties and 4 years of supervisory/management experience
- Familiarity with Zombie program, Orbital ATK Launch Vehicle Division contributors and SMDC customer.
- Advanced degree in STEM field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years