Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ Structural Dynamics / Stress Analysis Engineer
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Technical Services Division of Orbital ATK Space Systems Group located in Greenbelt, MD, is currently seeking a Structural Dynamics/Stress Analysis Engineer to support the development of spaceflight systems and components from concept through verification and delivery.
As part of the team the engineer will be responsible to:
- Develop structural concepts and perform preliminary sizing using classical mechanics calculations and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to meet stiffness, strength and other critical requirements
- Support development of fight hardware from preliminary through detailed design, drawing release, manufacturing, integration, verification testing, and transportation,
- Support development of structural requirements
- Perform structural dynamics analyses to generate environmental and test specifications.
- Perform pre-test analysis. Lead and support structural verification tests.
- Provide structural engineering and analysis support to the IPT to ensure that the design meets all applicable requirements coordinating schedule, budget and deliverables with the IPT lead.
- Generate Finite Element Models and perform FEA for normal modes, linear static stress, vibration, acoustics, and distortion analyses as well as nonlinear assessments to predict and improve structural response as needed.
- 7 + years of experience with BS in aerospace, mechanical, or civil engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a graduate degree in one of these fields desirable.
- 5 + years of experience in the aerospace industry performing the duties described above.
- Working knowledge of NASTRAN FEA software. FEMAP or PATRAN as FEA pre- and post-processor. Experience performing classical mechanics and mechanical engineering analyses using Excel and/or MathCad.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years