Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager, Environmental Testing - GSFC
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Our Technical Services Division (TSD) is seeking a creative, highly-talented Sr. Manager, Environmental Testing for immediate employment at Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Overall responsibility for supervising the environmental test department which includes the Space Simulation, Vibration, Structural and EMI testing groups. The supervisor will perform administrative functions for approximately 30 employees including staffing and scheduling for three shifts and weekends as required by the test schedules. Duties include writing and implementing facility and operating procedures, monitoring work directives and costs and providing cost estimates for tasks. The supervisor will identify and provide training for all employees and provide employee evaluations.
Supervisor will maintain quality control in accordance with ISO 9001 and NASA standards and safety standards as required by NASA Code 500. Responsible for maintaining all facilities in accordance with calibration and preventive maintenance standards. Provide monthly report to senior managers and daily input to customers. Serve as technical specialist in the field of environmental testing and provide supervisory guidance to personnel in these technical fields.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review work requests and responses for work estimates.
- Develop or review technical plans, budgets and schedules.
- Establish and maintain schedules for the department to be consistent with budgets and project.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in a testing function.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring staff has skills to meet customer requirements.
- Develop training plan and ensure personnel maintain required certifications to engage in a specific technical function; develop the testing staff through mentoring and coaching.
- Coordinate with other supervisors to load level team within the established Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Monitor labor, materials and ODC costs such as travel and training using web based tools. Responsible to assure that funding is available on work directives prior to submittal for procurements. Approval of time records and time off requests.
- Implement and maintain quality control in accordance with ISO 9001; maintain safety, quality and environmental standards. Knowledge of GSFC policies is a plus.
Minimum of 15 years of experience in environmental testing for space flight hardware or similar discipline. Test areas include thermal vacuum, structural dynamics, vibration testing, EMI testing.
Education or years of experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity.
Experience managing represented workforce.
Self-motivated team leader with good interpersonal and communication skills. Experience supervising large teams of approximately 30 people. Ability to provide verbal and written instructions.
Must be able to organize time and assignments to prioritize efforts.
NASA Code 500 experience preferred (a plus).
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years