Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Perform inspections on product received from Suppliers (both EEE and Mechanical) to include review of documentation as well as physical verification of the received products.
- Verify received products meet Purchase Order requirements, based on receipt paperwork and any applicable engineering documentation
- Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
- Assist in developing training material for RI QA group.
- Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Above average technical writing skills is mandatory.
- Certification in IPC standards for Printed Wiring Board inspections (IPC-A-600)
- Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree from accredited institute
- Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering
- Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications, or equivalent Quality System or MRP databases
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
- Previous use or knowledge in CMM's or FARO arm equipment (or equivalent)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED