Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mgr. Quality Assurance
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager, Quality Assurance to provide leadership to our Technical Services Division team in our Palestine, TX office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Quality Assurance will have a minimum 8 years in a position of responsibility for quality assurance processes. An ideal candidate will ensure all work is performed in accordance with applicable Quality Assurance requirements.
- Perform regular audits of QA practices; ensure corrective action is taken in response to any issues
- Communicate frequently with Government QA counterparts and collaborate on process improvement activities
- Write and maintain configuration of the QA Plan and Quality Manual
- Verify that respective Quality Management System processes, procedures, and work instructions are used through managed internal audit process; ensure specifications, presentations, and reports supporting activities are adequate for internal and external support
- Track Failure Review Board activities
- Chair the Material Review Board, record minutes, and maintain historical records; manage action items through closure and maintains action item list
- Communicate frequently with customer QA counterparts and collaborate on process improvement activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Specific Requirements / Licensing:
- Excellent customer communication, interaction, and presentation skills is required
- Understanding of electronics and mechanical component acceptance requirements, component and flight hardware assembly procedures, balloon inspection requirements, and system test requirements
- Ability to train and direct others in quality assurance procedures is desired
- Demonstrated Quality Assurance / Quality Control management ability is required
Training and Certifications in the following required:
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per NASA-STD-8739.4 or Orbital Procedure
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6 or Orbital Procedure
- General Safety Awareness
- Mate / Demate per NASA-STD-8739.4 or Orbital Procedure
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies per ANSI / J-STD-001 or Orbital Procedure
Minimum Education / Experience:
BS Degree in Engineering or Science with minimum ten (10) years of professional experience related to the standard duties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years