Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mgr Material Prog
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our Space Systems Group is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager for the Category Management Organization. The Supply Chain Manager will interact closely with task area PMs, finance, and supply chain/procurement to manage all activities related to the engagement with subcontractors, executing subcontracts, negotiations, RF(X), and other related management tasks that are essential to ensuring that the subcontractors are tasked and capable of meeting the mission requirements of our customers.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as primary contact for internal program customers, managing the relationship and communications between subcontractors and program teams, including coordinating activities among program management, engineering, and functional teams (quality, finance, etc.)
- Manages subcontract performance for conformance to original proposal and requirements, to include technical, costs and schedule.
- Issues RF(X) to suppliers, owns and closes all contractual, cost, and technical negotiations.
- Issue and manage all subcontracts in compliance with public law requirements.
- Makes supplier visits as required to insure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the program team on program-specific supply chain strategies and subcontract capabilities, goals, and objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain or technical discipline
- Aerospace/Defense background with technically complex products is preferred, but not required.
- Subcontract management experience with knowledge of FAR and DFAR, procurement principles, competitive procurements/sole source, and contract terms and conditions
- You are a problem solver, solution and customer focused.
- This is an individual contributor position with a Manager or Associate Manager title commensurate with experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years