Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mgr Material Prog
Must be a US Citizen
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK’s Space Systems Group is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager for the Category Management Organization. The Supply Chain Manager will interact closely with task area PMs, finance, and supply chain/procurement to manage all activities related to the engagement with subcontractors, executing subcontracts, negotiations, RF(X), and other related management tasks that are essential to ensuring that the subcontractors are tasked and capable of meeting the mission requirements of our customers.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as primary contact for internal program customers, managing the relationship and communications between subcontractors and program teams, including coordinating activities among program management, engineering, and functional teams (quality, finance, etc.)
- Manages subcontract performance for conformance to original proposal and requirements, to include technical, costs and schedule.
- Issues RF(X) to suppliers, owns and closes all contractual, cost, and technical negotiations.
- Issue and manage all subcontracts in compliance with public law requirements.
- Makes supplier visits as required to insure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the program team on program-specific supply chain strategies and subcontract capabilities, goals, and objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain or technical discipline
- Aerospace/Defense background with technically complex products is preferred, but not required.
- Subcontract management experience with knowledge of FAR and DFAR, procurement principles, competitive procurements/sole source, and contract terms and conditions
- You are a problem solver, solution and customer focused.
- This is an individual contributor position with a Manager or Associate Manager title commensurate with experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years