Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Control Supv
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are currently seeking an experienced Production Control Supervisor to join our team at our facility on the Eastern Shore of Virginia in the local vicinity of NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Material control and inventory functions
- Work order generation and execution
- Scheduling of mechanical and electrical shop activities via work order system
- Assess problem areas to determine impact to overall program and develop corrective action measures
- Plan, organize, and manage program mechanical and electrical production requirements for successful performance and completion including inventory needs and floor scheduling needs (in coordination with shop supervisors)
- Define assembly sequence and procedures for complete manufacturing of space qualified hardware
- Document all manufacturing aids and controls
- Resolve technical and/or operational situations as they arise and continually monitor manufacturing and assembly for conformance to required specifications
- Coordinate machine shop and electrical shop activities including estimating of costs versus labor and materials and shop scheduling
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of the use of precision machines in a production machine shop environment and/or production facilities for electrical cable, harness, and circuit card assemblies
- Supervisory experience in the operation of electrical and/or precision machine shops, production scheduling, and labor relations
- Knowledge of existing assembly techniques and various military and industry specifications
- Experience with techniques and procedures for assembly and inspection
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows
- Experience in development, manufacturing, assembly, and qualification of aerospace electrical and mechanical hardware
- Provide leadership and act as supervisor for mechanical and electrical production staff
- Ability to coordinate and direct production operations
- Ability to track and monitor production costs and schedules and adjust schedules as needed
- Complete understanding of all operations occurring in mechanical and electrical production shops
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
- Knowledge of OSHA and industry standards as related to an industrial production environment
- Knowledge of standard machines in a production machine shop environment
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Experience Required
Additional Desired/Preferred Requirements/Responsibilities
- Control, track, and prepare material needs based upon master mission schedule
- Receive and issue materials from inventory
- Maintain stock records using computerized database that reflects the transaction accomplished relative to ordering, receiving, costing, storing, issuing, and returning of materials and supplies
- Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts, and assemblies in accordance with production and shipping schedules or mission related deadlines
- Mechanical and metalworking knowledge including the ability to drill and tap holes, minor sheet metal work, and/or light machining
- Capable of understanding technical written documents, prints, schematics, and procedures
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of all basic machine shop equipment and accessories to produce mechanical components
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED