Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Financial Analyst
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team at our facility on the Eastern Shore of Virginia in the local vicinity of NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and administer financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and Government regulations
- Develop, monitor, and distribute essential financial operating reports and forecasts including monthly and quarterly 533 reports
- Responsible for development of financial management data reflecting financial condition and operating results
- Develop, execute, and monitor audit plans as directed to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of program processes
- Generate purchase requests
- Maintain open and continuous communication with customer representatives, corporate management, and program staff at all levels using a combination of verbal, written, and electronic means
- Work directly with technical management team to negotiate and execute contract modifications and establish contracting relationships with vendors, consultants, and other suppliers on an as-needed basis
- Analyze cost-to-date versus projection
- Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts, and assemblies in accordance with production and shipping schedules or mission related deadlines
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows
- Knowledge of accounting standards and financial reporting
- Knowledge of financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the financial organization
- Strong database (MS Access) spreadsheet (MS Excel) knowledge
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Experience Required
Additional Desired/Preferred Requirements/Responsibilities
- Control, track, and prepare material needs based upon mission master schedule
- Support requirements outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation Manual (FAR), Orbital ATK Government Property Management procedures, and established ISO-9001 policies and procedures
- Receive and issue materials from inventory
- Assist in maintaining stock records using computerized database that reflects the transactions accomplished relative to ordering, receiving, costing, storing, issuing and returning of materials and supplies
- Initiate replenishment action to maintain balances at authorized levels and regularly checks status of back orders
- Prepare records of payload components shipped to and returned from various ranges
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years