Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Under general supervision, procure materials, equipment and commodity products of low to medium complexity and value purchase orders. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Reviews Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtains additional information considered necessary.
- Under general supervision, prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ)and identifies sources eligible to receive RFQ for simple to complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Under general supervision, evaluates suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact finds suppliers' proposals.
- Under general supervision, participates in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Under general supervision, performs a price analysis to determine price reasonableness.
- Under general supervision, negotiates with suppliers on price, schedule, terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Under general supervision, makes purchase order awards to suppliers and documents the purchase order folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including order placements against a Blanket Agreement or Commodity Agreement.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance period, including but not limited to following-up on orders placed to verify delivery and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- May provide proposal support.
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years