Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Integration Project Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Integration Project Engineer to provide leadership to our Aft Skirt Assembly team in our Promontory offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Aft Skirt Assembly Integration Project Engineer is responsible for the overall technical vision/direction and project leadership of the engineering team for the aft skirt assembly. This includes providing technical guidance, creating the vison to achieve program milestones, working with the program manager in development of integrated project plans, lead the execution of the project plan using support organizations via ETM and the change management system, ensure requirements are met, work with program manager to manage the IMS/ETM. The Project Engineer also has a key role in interfacing with the NASA Aft Skirt Assembly IPT, and in creating technical presentations to internal CCB’s and SE&I working groups as well as NASA IPTs, BITM, and ERB/ECB.
- SLS Booster Integrated Aft Skirt Assembly ownership – TPS systems, Avionics mounting, Harness routing, Aft Skirt Purge and Electrical umbilical assemblies, BSM installation, miscellaneous other components. Interfaces with RSRMV motor, Thrust Vector Control, Thermal Curtain, Systems Tunnel hardware, and Ground systems. Responsible for Aft Skirt Assembly technical issue resolution.
- Ownership of Assembly Drawings, Specifications, MRB, Design Verification, FRR, etc.
- Technical leadership of the Aft Skirt Assembly Integrated Products Team including weekly team meetings, minutes, etc
- Engineering focal point for SLS Program Management, NASA Aft Skirt Assembly EDLE and NASA IPT
- Responsible for all Aft Skirt Assembly Engineering discipline planning, interface and coordination
- Responsible for Aft Skirt Assembly SE&I products, and Loads and Environments implementation
- Represent Aft Skirt Assembly team in CCB, ERB/ECB, Tech telecoms, MRB, SMRBs, etc
- Responsible for Aft Skirt Assembly technical issue resolution
- Understand and manage IMS/ETM activities and utilize the required resources from matrix organizations
- Technical leadership of the Aft Skirt Assembly team through the change process using the change management system
- Experience in design, analysis, loads, integration, and hardware fabrication
- Knowledge, use and application of engineering and processing documentation (i.e., drawings, specifications, table tops, parts lists, change requests, change notices, planning, MRB)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Integration risk assessment skills (i.e., ability to balance between technical risk and cost)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using Microsoft Office Applications including project
- Proficient writing skills (grammar/punctuation/spelling)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as internal, NASA and other external customers/vendors
- A working knowledge of engineering processes used in propulsion systems
- Ability to travel : Travel expectation of 3% – 10%
- Knowledge of, model and drawing creation in NX, and GD&T
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles
- Responsible Design Engineering for launch vehicle components
- Responsible Structural Analysis experiences
- Experience with IMS and ETM, matrix management organizations
- Familiarity with Orbital ATK NASA Projects CM, PCR, and board approval processes.
- Demonstrated Leadership and organizational skill experiences
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and make logical decisions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize work and schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work well with management, coworkers, and internal customers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail but able to understand big picture
- Willingness to accept challenging work with positive attitude
- Flexibility to accept, learn and perform new job functions
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis
- Broad understanding of mechanical systems of launch vehicles.
- Strong skills in leadership and delegation.
- BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related field required. Consideration will be given to candidates with a BS degree in other engineering disciplines with strong relevant experience
(MS degree with 7 years of experience, BS degree with 10 years of experience, or PhD with 5 years of experience)
- A graduate degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering is highly preferred
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years