Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Facilities Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK, located in Corinne, UT, is currently recruiting for a Facilities Electrical Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in designing, specifying, and programming electrical control systems that utilize PLCs, HMIs, circuit breakers, fuses, servo motors and drives, AC/DC motors, VFDs, digital and analog sensors, power supplies, relays, safety controllers, pneumatic components, enclosures and other electrical components. Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell Software programming experience preferred.
- Integrate and specify electrical equipment for robotics, PLC’s, servo drives, instrumentation and HVAC equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of machine control design including applicable electrical standards and codes (NFPA 70, 79, UL508A)
- Provide detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment.
- Develop electrical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
- Proficiency designing safety control circuits that comply with the appropriate category level defined by ISO 13849
- Expertise to develop electrical schematics that are logical, well organized and require little to no redlines
- Expertise designing panel layouts that minimize space and comply with manufacturer’s specifications
- Proficiency with designing industrial control networks, creating network diagrams and assigning network addresses
- Experience with 480VAC, 120VAC, 24VDC control and power systems
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to complete assigned tasked according to priority and due dates
- Proficiency in troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to support design team and shop cooperation
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Provide Detailed Project Designs in AutoCAD drawing format.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Automation Engineering.
- 5-7 years minimum industrial facility electrical design experience.
- Industrial power and control design experience.
- PLC systems and programming experience.
- AutoCAD drafting ability.
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years