Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support its Bacchus Utah operation. This position supports a wide range of processes involving solid rocket manufacturing which also includes laboratories, research, development, testing and maintenance.
- Develop and execute plans to implement and maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Interact with employees and the regulatory community on a wide variety of environmental regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies that meet business objectives and environmental requirements.
- Assist with water, hazardous waste, permitting activities, and hazards analysis.
- Delivering presentations to all management levels to facilitate process change.
- Maintain risk assessment and provide technical support for open burning.
- Provide technical support for hazardous waste disposal and regulatory inspections.
- Knowledge of environmental rules and regulations, particularly those associated with management of hazardous waste under RCRA
- Familiarity with Department of Transportation rules and regulations pertaining to the shipment of hazardous materials.
- This job requires 2-5 years of experience dealing with environmental regulation, hazardous and/or explosive waste.
- A knowledge of explosives and factors that control combustion/ detonation is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Have a working knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations with an emphasis on RCRA, CWA, CAA, and TSCA regulation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make continuous improvements.
- Must be a US citizen.
- BS or MS in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- RCRA 40-hour Hazwoper trained per OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120.
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years