Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support our Bacchus Utah operation. This position supports a wide range of processes involving solid rocket manufacturing which also includes laboratories, research, development, testing and maintenance.
- Develop and execute plans to implement and maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Interact with employees and the regulatory community on a wide variety of environmental regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies that meet business objectives and environmental requirements.
- Assist with water, hazardous waste, permitting activities, and hazards analysis.
- Delivering presentations to all management levels to facilitate process change.
- Maintain risk assessment and provide technical support for open burning.
- Provide technical support for hazardous waste disposal and regulatory inspections.
- Knowledge of environmental rules and regulations, particularly those associated with management of hazardous waste under RCRA
- Familiarity with Department of Transportation rules and regulations pertaining to the shipment of hazardous materials.
- This job requires 2-5 years of experience dealing with environmental regulation, hazardous and/or explosive waste.
- A knowledge of explosives and factors that control combustion/ detonation is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Have a working knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations with an emphasis on RCRA, CWA, CAA, and TSCA regulation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make continuous improvements.
- Must be a US citizen.
- BS or MS in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- RCRA 40-hour Hazwoper trained per OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years