Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Production Planner for our Supply Chain Production Control department team at our Bacchus offices in Magna, UT.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Manages manufacturing work orders and materials to meet production requirements. Coordinates and manages schedule requirements for a specific production area and ensures that material requirements are fulfilled and available. Coordinates material between the warehouse and production floor.
- Manage manufacturing work orders and production material requirements for a specific production area
- Collaborate with plant scheduler to dictate and mange schedule for responsible production area
- Facilitate material deliveries to building to support production requirements
- Work closely with Operations to manage material shelf life and WIP inventory
- Support pre-production activities to ensure necessary planning is in place and material is available to support operations and meet schedule
- Assists in facilitating and managing priorities and activities to meet schedule requirements
- Responsible to coordinate resolution for problems on the production floor related to material and work orders
- Proactively identify shortages, engineering changes, etc. that will impact production and facilitate resolutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years’ related experience or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills
- Self-starter that takes ownership of problems and drives them to resolution
- Must be an agile learner and able to grasp manufacturing processes and concepts
- MRP experience/background; Cost Point preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills in addition to other web-based programs
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years