Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Production Planner for our Supply Chain Production Control department team at our Bacchus offices in Magna, UT.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Manages manufacturing work orders and materials to meet production requirements. Coordinates and manages schedule requirements for a specific production area and ensures that material requirements are fulfilled and available. Coordinates material between the warehouse and production floor.
- Manage manufacturing work orders and production material requirements for a specific production area
- Collaborate with plant scheduler to dictate and mange schedule for responsible production area
- Facilitate material deliveries to building to support production requirements
- Work closely with Operations to manage material shelf life and WIP inventory
- Support pre-production activities to ensure necessary planning is in place and material is available to support operations and meet schedule
- Assists in facilitating and managing priorities and activities to meet schedule requirements
- Responsible to coordinate resolution for problems on the production floor related to material and work orders
- Proactively identify shortages, engineering changes, etc. that will impact production and facilitate resolutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years’ related experience or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills
- Self-starter that takes ownership of problems and drives them to resolution
- Must be an agile learner and able to grasp manufacturing processes and concepts
- MRP experience/background; Cost Point preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills in addition to other web-based programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years