Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Accounting Specialist
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr Accounting Specialist to provide support to our Propulsion Systems and Aerospace Structures divisions. The position is located at our Promontory, UT plant.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr Accounting Specialist is responsible to process Labor transactions for Payroll in accordance to Orbital ATK's systems, policies and procedures, prepares payroll labor entries for actual pay calculations, performs analysis of employee payroll, and resolves questions on employee pay checks. Other duties include:
- Suggests corrective actions to employees when timecard entries are incorrect.
- Works with Corporate Payroll staff to assist with pay requests.
- Performs software testing for labor system upgrades
- Petty Cash Management for Cafeteria
- Correspondence and telephone contact.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and minimum of 4-6 years related experience
- Payroll experience preferred
- Broad understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Strong computer skills (typing, 10-key). Experience in MS Excel and MS Access is a plus.
- Willingness to learn in a changing environment.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED