Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to provide leadership to our EVM/IPM Admin Group primarily in our Promontory office.
The Financial Analyst in this position provides administration of program management and scheduling tools and standard processes to program personnel at Orbital ATK, a critical step in successful program management. Support includes providing training and technical support of software tools. In addition, where required, financial systems analysts ensure compliance to government EVMS (Earned Value Management System) requirements. Financial System Analysts will also troubleshoot data and integration errors and assist in maturing and documenting standard procedures.
The Financial Systems Analyst candidate should:
- Have experience working in a financial environment that includes budgeting, forecasting, monthly close and analysis
- Have a demonstrable working familiarity with computer software applications designed for business productivity for example; Access, Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Have a working knowledge/experience in data gathering and manipulation
- Understand basic accounting and be able to balance accounts
- Have a basic understanding of project scheduling (experience in Primavera or MS Project appreciated)
- Be able to use data to prepare reporting, charts/graphs etc.
- Be able to provide training to others
Examples of work assignments that a Financial Systems Analyst may be assigned:
- Develop and maintain procedures that support effective Integrated Program Management including analysis of program operating budgets, performance, actual costs and estimates-at-complete (EAC)
- Training others in usage of Program Management software applications
- Work with other Program Control Analysts and Control Account Managers (CAM’s) as an integrated program management subject matter expert
- Audit IPM systems performance and support resolution of audit issues that are discovered
- Training and Support of Orbital ATK IPM processes, for example:
- Developing program plans
- Integrated master schedules and schedule quality
- Verifying accuracy of budgets and estimate at complete [EAC] values.
- Data integration between systems
- Program status management and forecasting.
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Excellent computer skills
- Basic understanding of scheduling concepts
- Scheduling experience with Primavera and/or MS Project
- Experience with Integrated Program Management or Earned Value Management
- Project or Program Management Experience
- Experience with Share Point Software
- Experience or visibility with Cobra or MPM software
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of budgeting forecasting and reporting
- Strong skills in MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Program Management (MBA prefered)
- Certification as a PMP would be preferred
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years