Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ Aerospace Engineer
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Aerospace Engineer to join our Conceptual Design and Flight Performance team at our Bacchus, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Principal Aerospace Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of conceptual rocket motor design, flight performance and system-level design and analysis, and includes
- Develop new concepts for use in marketing, proposal, and programmatic efforts that help shape the future of our business
- Present technical solutions and information to engineering organizations, internal and external customers, and to company leadership.
- Perform trajectory analysis of launch vehicles, missiles, and sounding rockets
- Design and optimize conceptual propulsion elements and vehicles
- Develop multi-body dynamics/separation simulations
- Create system-level trade studies
- Solve a variety of challenging, often open-ended, aerospace engineering problems
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in rocket-related design, analysis, manufacturing, or project/systems engineering
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly present technical information
- Willing and able to be flexible in work assignments, which may vary frequently from tasks including analysis, design, project engineering, systems engineering, etc.
- Able to see how the system works (big picture) while working on individual components (details)
- Qualify for DOD secret clearance
- Trajectory simulation of launch vehicles
- Orbital mechanics and interplanetary mission design
- Aerodynamics and/or loads & environments
- Multi-body dynamics simulation
- Programming language: Matlab, C++ or other
- System-level trade and sensitivity studies
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- General computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary to support customer needs
- BS/MS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or related field required.
BS degree and 7 years of experience; or MS degree and 5 years of experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years