Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr NDT Technician
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking entry level AND experienced Sr. Quality/NDT Technicians to join our Nondestructive Testing (NDT) team in our Magna, UT facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
We are seeking individuals to enter a highly rewarding career path in Nondestructive Testing. These positions within the Quality organization are responsible for critical inspections of aerospace assemblies. Technicians who do not have prior experience will be trained in NDT processes and must demonstrate continual progress toward and obtain a Level 2 certification. Technicians with prior NDT experience, including existing Level 2 certifications, will be trained to inspect product for NASA and other customers.
- The primary training focus will be in the area of radiographic inspection (RT) of rocket motors using digital systems. Personnel currently holding other Level 2 certifications are encouraged to apply.
- Support of other NDT methods will include Radiography (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), Infrared Thermography (IRT), and/or Leak Testing (LT)
- Handling and movement of energetic and non-energetic parts and components is required to perform inspections.
- Continual cross train in other NDT methods will be provided if not already certified.
- Overtime, weekend, and shift work will be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Must pass the 20/25 Snellen or Jaeger No. 1 vision test for NAS 410 certification
- Advanced PC skills including proficiency with MS Office products.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience with specification and drawing interpretations.
- Familiarity with basic dimensional inspection equipment/ handtools.
- Perform physical requirements of this position including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Background in NDT of Aerospace products
- Graduate of NDT Trade School program
- 1+ years of documented hours as an NDT Level 2 inspector; preferred certification is Ultrasonics (UT). Other Level 2 certifications are encouraged to apply. RECORDS REQUIRED
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED