Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Quality Assurance Assistant
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital-ATK is currently recruiting for a Sr Quality Control Technician in our Defense and Commercial Division. The position is location in the Bacchus, Utah facility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of quality inspection tasks.
- Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections on tightly tolerance piece parts, subassemblies and final assemblies in the production area.
- Perform Quality Process Assessments
- Performs required inspections in accordance with procedures and planning documentation.
Performs required inspections using standard measurement instruments.
- Routinely coordinates and interfaces inspections with Customer and/or Government Representatives.
- Work swing and/or flexible shifts
- Candidate should have technical strengths in processing, operations, and inspection. Possess the ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Candidate should have the ability to work multiple programs while maintaining attention to detail.
- Interpret drawings and specifications. Working knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
- Be strategic in the identification of technical needs and solutions coupled with a strong program execution focus.
- Possess excellent communication skills and effective interface with Mission Assurance department members, suppliers, customers, all other departments within the organization and both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to record detail information accurately, timely and follow instructions.
High School Diploma or GED required; A.S. Degree or equivalent preferred
- Excellent shop math skills and advanced trigonometry.
- Must be familiar with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
- Experience with ISO 9000/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement/PES techniques.
- Must have good computer skills - MS Office.
- Self Starter and ability to work through an issue to closure
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Orbital-ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED