Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Material Program Manager
Orbital ATK Aeropace leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, strategic defense, lightweight space deployables, solar arrays and satellite thermal management systems, and in developing revolutionary new technologies for small and micro satellites. Orbital ATK products provide government and commercial customers with innovative solutions from the ground up. If you are interested in joining an organization where you will be given the opportunity to make a difference in an exciting industry, you’ve come to the right place. At Orbital ATK, you’ll be part of an expanding business that is recognized as an industry leader. We value team work, innovative thinking, diversity and the drive to be the best at what we do.
Orbital ATK Aerospace Systems currently has a fulltime opportunity for a Sr. Material Program Manager at the Bacchus Utah facility. This position manages all acquired material and services for a program or a group of programs. Coordinates activities of various Supply Chain disciplines. Represents Supply Chain to Customer, Program Management, and Orbital ATK Management. Acts as a Deputy Program Manager. Focus is on managing suppliers and internal SCM team.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Focal point for tying together the assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Total supply chain execution for assigned program(s)
- Basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
- Typically used as a deputy program manager, especially when there is a large material content.
- Cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) for an assigned program.
- Manage earned value management system (EVMS) for acquired materials/services when required
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support manufactured items.
- Establish and track monthly spend forecasts and report variances and establish corrective actions thereto.
- Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning supplier visits or sharing information.
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
- Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc
- Continuous improvement tools such as PES, Lean Six Sigma
- Earned value management system (EVMS)
- Teaming & strategic agreements
- Cost accounting standards (CAS)
- Program cost control
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BA in Business, Finance, or SCM
- 5 + years of experience
- Science or engineering background (Preferred)
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) (Preferred)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) (Preferred)
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years