Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Tool Design Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more
Orbital ATK is currently searching for a Tool Design Engineer for the Promontory, Utah facility.
Candidate will be responsible for the concept, design, fabrication drawings, inspection requirements, procurement requirements, verification requirements, fabrication support for tooling and equipment for Aerospace applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design
- Managing projects and coordinate all procurements and fabrication to meet the program cost and schedule requirements
- Inspect fabricated support hardware to assure compliance to design
- Work alongside the manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved
- Inspect tool configuration for drawing compliance, including fit, form and function
- Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs
- Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
- Work closely with Tool Designers to create final drawings
- Perform stress analysis to assure mechanically sound per ATK requirements
- Understand/monitor cost and schedule
- Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability
- Support vendors as needed during fabrication
- Perform and evaluate welded joint designs and inspection requirements to optimize manufacturability and use of materials for designed components, tooling, and equipment.
- Support continuous improvement
- Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years technical experience in design and fabrication of special tooling and related equipment.
- Experience with closed form and FE analysis practices; Prefer NX and ANSYS systems
- IDEAS and NX modeling experience
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate vendor and equipment capability and ability to perform required tasks to include production of tooling as well as unique aerospace part production.
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
- Desire and passion to build and manufacture support hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources
- Leadership ability
- Technical attention to detail
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years