Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to provide manufacturing and process engineering technical expertise and project management for our Ammunition & Precision Weapon production programs in our Plymouth, MN offices. This position is focused on manufacturing of large caliber ammunition components and sub-assemblies, and supports the Ammunition business segment at Armament Systems Division.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager, Mechanical Production Engineering and is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering oversight and support on Orbital ATK’s Large Caliber Ammunition programs.
- Development and oversight of production processes for large caliber ammunition components, sub-assemblies, energetics (propulsion systems), and final assemblies. Support production and/or development programs based in Plymouth, MN with manufacturing oversight of production at Plymouth, other Orbital ATK locations and our subcontractors.
- Provide manufacturing engineering project management and leadership.
- Support and/or lead failure investigations, root cause determination, and corrective action implementation.
- Engineering oversight and interpretation of acceptance requirements and qualification testing results.
- Contribute to completion of specific program and project milestones.
- Represent Orbital ATK to our customers and suppliers.
- Travel (approximately 25%-40%) domestically to customers and suppliers, representing Orbital ATK’s program and business interests.
- Conceptualize and implement continuous improvement projects internally and with suppliers.
- Communicate project status and issues to management and customers.
- Implement and manage strong manufacturing engineering principals to ensure robust production process and high product quality. Examples are SPC, P-FMEA, Mistake Proofing, gage R&R, Production Readiness Reviews, equipment and gage qualifications, and First Article Inspections.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Minimum 4 years (or 2 years with an M.S.) production engineering experience in both product development and production environments.
- Experience working with customer engineering, vendors and subcontractors.
- Failure Analysis and root cause determination.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with energetic materials, including propellants and explosives, is a plus.
- Experience with managing project costs and schedules.
- Prior experience in project management.
- Prior experience working in the defense industry and/or with U.S. Government contracts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years