Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Design, analysis, optimization, manufacturing, and test of antenna systems for wide variety of satellite programs.
- Ability to oversee the complete development and space-qualification of integrated antenna systems and components from performance definition to final spacecraft-level test, including cost, schedule, and technical responsibility.
- Generation of key procurement and hardware development documents including Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Test Plans and Procedures, and Statements of Work.
- Technical assistance to Subcontracts in the negotiation of component specifications, deliverables, cost, and schedule.
- Subcontractor management and continuous technical monitoring throughout the procurement life cycle (some travel required).
- Integration and test support for the antenna systems including unit-level functional and environmental testing, spacecraft level RF range testing, and in-orbit checkout.
- Support to Business Development initiatives on antenna performance and cost estimates for rapid turn-around proposals.
- Candidate will be expected to have frequent interaction with Program Managers, the customer, and Systems Engineering.
- Candidate may be expected to provide hands-on, technical and supervisory leadership to a small team of engineers.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, comfort with customer interaction
- Experience in technical management of a team of engineers and mentoring more junior engineers
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering & 4 years of directly applicable experience or Masters in Engineering & 2 years. Key position requiring a minimum of 4 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in the proposal, specification, design, analysis, and test of integrated antenna systems and components for satellites.
- Ability to formulate and define key antenna performance characteristics to meet customer requirements and programmatic constraints, including cost and schedule
- Design and analysis of a variety of antenna types including: reflectors, horns, wire antennas (e.g., helices), and arrays through modeling/simulation with a variety of industry-standard design tools, such as HFSS, NEC, Microwave Studio, MATLAB, and others.
- Experience with antenna range testing and data post-processing, including Far-Field, Near-Field, and Compact Range systems.
- Scheduling, budgeting, subcontractor management, and mechanical manufacturing interface support.
- Experience with development of space-qualified antenna systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with tools such as GRASP, POS, CHAMP
- Cost Account Management skills a strong plus
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years