Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Under close direction, perform a variety of basic engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, or testing of electronic hardware. Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to solution of engineering problems. Design and document or select commercially available equipment, coordinate design results with other design groups, evaluate the merits of the design under the direction of more senior engineers.
- Design and analysis of shaped and non-shaped reflector antenna systems for the Geostationary Communications Satellite product line
- Subcontractor management (some travel required) and mechanical manufacturing interface definition including performance specification, ICD, and SOW generation, as well as continuous technical support throughout the procurement life cycle
- Integration and test support for the antenna systems including unit-level functional and environmental testing, spacecraft level RF range testing, and in-orbit checkout
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Introductory Understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards
- Attends and prepares under close supervision materials to support electrical engineers during Requirements and Design Reviews
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With supervision, applies theoretical knowledge and engineering technical principles to solve basic electrical engineering problems
- Liaison - Interacts well with other staff/team members, effective at relationships with peers and manager
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Establish requirements and procedures to evaluate purchased equipment or EEE parts. Under supervision, supports the testing and/or evaluation/ validation of one or more elements of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation
- Analysis and Design - Under relatively close direction, performs a variety of specific engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature
Education and Experience
Entry-level position in satellite antenna design, analysis, and test. BSEE (MSEE preferred) with some combination of the following coursework: antennas, microwave theory, satellite communications, radiowave propagation, and electromagnetics. Labs and hands-on project assignments in the antenna and microwave field a strong plus.
- Good understanding of antenna and microwave theory. Experience with antenna range testing and microwave component measurement preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year