Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mission Quality Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Mission Assurance Engineer
As a Mission Assurance Engineer with Northrop Grumman, Innovation Systems, you will work with Program Managers and other functions to provide and execute quality planning and schedules for product while meeting program schedules and budgets. You will also investigate and lead resolution of Quality problems while assisting the department manager with maintaining the Quality Management Systems (QMS) certifications for AS9100. In addition to supporting the department manager you will be responsible for writing procedures and generating reports in support of the quality system and its performance while supporting internal and external audits. Your daily tasks will also include performing some inspection of materials and parts to Purchase Order, Work Order, and Procedure Requirements and providing accurate records of inspection.
This role requires a candidate who has the ability to Problem Solve with a Continuous Improvement background. You should be able to drive program related MRB and RC/CA resolution while simultaneously administrating technical documents, internal auditing of area, and preparing documentation for end-items. Additionally you should be able to prepare and present program data to customers and leadership team while having a flexible schedule that will allow you to support all shifts as necessary to meet company goals.
- BS in a related Engineering field (Experience will be considered - in lieu).
- 3-5 years of aerospace experience in Quality Engineering and Quality Control.
- Skilled at supporting Internal audits for QMS.
- Must be familiar with standard Visual and Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
- Ability to read Drawings and other Technical Data required.
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral format. Ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers on a variety of technical solutions.
- Experience with AS9100 QMS. MS Office computer skills required. (MS Project or CostPoint experience a plus)
- Confidence to enforce Quality Management System policies and procedures, while also working as part of a Team.
- Ability to read and interpret Drawings per ASME Y14.5 and Technical Data and Documents.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision. Good time management skills.
- Preparation of presentations (PowerPoint) and presentation of same to customers.
- Hands on understanding of Procurement process.
- Mechanical Inspection hands on experience.
- Understanding of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RC/CA) as associated with MRB/FRB investigations.
- MS Office computer skills
- First Article (AS9102) Documentation experience a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years