Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Mission Assurance Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Program/Project Quality Engineering: Work with Program Manager and other functions on multiple concurrent projects developing and executing quality plans in support of program schedule and financial objectives. Act as liaison between company and customer on all related quality issues.
- Lead Corrective and Preventive Action activities for assigned programs. Properly assign ownership of all issues, ensure that process owners provide timely responses for all assigned actions, and follow-up to ensure that actions taken have been effective in preventing recurrence of the noted product or process nonconformance.
- Coordinate inspection and metrology activities with appropriate departments to support program Quality Plan. Review Manufacturing Planning for adequacy and completeness, while ensuring that all customer and contractual requirements are properly incorporated.
- Ensure that all Quality related deliverables, such as End Item Data Packages are complete and accurate in support of contractual requirements and program objectives.
- Support program needs for customer presentations and data analysis as required.
- Perform internal audits of program technical requirements to ensure proper interpretation and implementation.
- Schedule and/or support all shifts as necessary to meet company goals.
- BS in a related Engineering field (Experience will be considered - in lieu)
- U.S. citizenship is required for consideration
- 5+ years demonstrated aerospace experience in Quality Engineering and Quality Control.
Familiarity with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
Ability to read Drawings and other Technical Data.
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral format.
- Ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers on a variety of technical solutions.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision. Good time management skills.
- Confidence to enforce Quality Management System policies and procedures, while also working as part of a Team.
Experience with AS9100 QMS. MS Office computer skills required. (MS Access, Project experience a plus)
Ability to read and interpret Drawings per ASME Y14.5 and Technical Data and Documents.
Preparation of presentations and presentation of same to customers.
Hands on understanding of Procurement, MRB, CAPA.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years