Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Manufacturing Engineer – Goleta, CA
Develops, validates and executes appropriate manufacturing processes by analyzing product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with component and equipment vendors. Determines requirements for tools/fixtures. Develops and maintains detailed assembly and test procedures for assigned products/processes. Analyzes and solves configuration and hardware performance anomalies. Provides recommendations to improve productivity. Performs day-to-day support to manufacturing personnel. Interacts with program personnel and all functional groups to accomplish cost schedule and product performance goals.
- During Design Phase, coordinate with Design Engineering on design for manufacturability and manufacturing risk reduction. Review and approve all program drawings.
- Plan and manage manufacturing and test flow from procurement through product delivery.
- Contribute to design and manufacturing/test reviews. Generate assembly and test procedures as required.
- Evaluate and plan tooling and fixture needs to support manufacturing activities.
- Plan, setup, and perform component, or coupon testing to validate design, material and process suitability as required. Analyze and process associated data.
- Coordinates day-to-day production activities during assembly and test. Maintains detailed production plans while directing technicians on the shop floor as program requirements dictate.
- Resolves routine manufacturing process issues and assists in the resolution of complex manufacturing process issues.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses anomalous hardware configurations and/or performance. Contributes to root cause/corrective action investigations using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and lean initiatives for new and existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Exhibits teamwork and leadership attributes with focus on producing quality products within schedule and budget parameters.
- Educates/trains technicians on new and existing processes.
- Documents engineering configuration and manufacturing process changes on work in process.
Education and Experience
Requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering & 2 years of experience in an Aerospace Environment or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years