Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Composite Lay Up Technician - 2nd Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace
NGIS is currently hiring a 2nd Shift Sr. Composite Layup Technician in San Diego. ( 2nd Shift hours 1:00 pm - 10:30 pm )
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- Execute to written instructions.
- 2-4 Yrs. experience with close-tolerance assembly work (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling) or other equivalent experience.
- 2-4 Yrs. experience in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment preferred) and/or specialized education included in or post HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail required.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for quality excellence.
- Able to read, write and follow written instructions in English.
- Proficient use of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have Basic computer skills.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- US Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED