Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr NDT Inspector - UT Level II- 2nd Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our San Diego, CA location is looking for a level II NDI Inspector to join our 2nd shift (1pm-10:30pm) team.
- NDT Inspection of component parts and assemblies in support of manufacturing, fabrication, test and receiving inspection.
- Perform duties with minimal supervision
- Operate C-Scan and A-Scan (Ultrasonic) equipment following established procedures.
- Develop NDI procedures and technique sheets
- Interface with other sources; i.e., functional areas, customers, source personnel and government representatives for acceptance of hardware at required inspection points. Perform other duties as required.
- Dimensional inspection of simple components and assemblies
- Excellent attendance, ability to work over time, and other shifts as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of aerospace experience in a quality organization.
- Current Level II Ultrasonic NDT Certification is required and ability to provide records of this is a necessity
- Use of small hand tools and measuring devices; i.e. calipers, micrometers, height gages
- Perform physical requirements of the position, including use of hand tools, lift up to 25 lbs, pass eye examination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good penmanship.
- Excellent computer skills, multi tasking ability and work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizenship required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED