Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assoc Manufacturing Technician - Project Employee - 2nd Shift
Orbital ATK is a major supplier of space of products that power and enable satellites of all classes. Products include spacecraft panels, bus structures, precision optical structures, deployable structural systems and mechanisms, solar arrays, antenna reflectors and propulsion tanks. Our products are on virtually every U.S. satellite built in the last 20 years.?
Orbital ATK is currently hiring a 2nd Shift Assoc Manufacturing Technician Project Employee for our San Diego, CA location. (2nd Shift Hours are from 1:00 pm -10:30 pm) Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- Execute to written instructions.
- 0-2 Yrs. experience with close-tolerance assembly work (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling) or other equivalent experience.
- 0-2 Yrs. experience in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment preferred) and/or specialized education included in or post HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail required.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for quality excellence.
- Able to read, write and follow written instructions in English.
- Proficient use of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have Basic computer skills.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- US Citizen
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED