Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Production Planning Assistant
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission, whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
The San Diego, CA office is looking for an Associate Production Planning Assistant to join their team.
1st and 2nd Shift positions available!
- Optimize inventory storage systems
- Interface with Production, Quality Control, Purchasing, Production Control and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Make decisions on part categorization, default bin size and location, and determine minimum and maximum quantity
- Research kit shortages, expedite missing kits, and be meticulous in kit integration
- Understand, research, and reconcile traceability
- Ensure inventory processes comply with quality standards and procedures
- Participate in 5S and other continuous improvement practices
- Manage projects using relevant software tools and track to meet completion dates
- Support the organization’s metric goals and objectives
- Analyze flow of material to reduce time of request to delivery
- Packing and shipping outgoing orders via UPS, FedEx and various freight carriers.
- Receive and transact all incoming material in MRP system
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a good knowledge of inventory operations within an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and Microsoft applications
- Capable of using forklift and other inventory related equipment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED