Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our facility in Goleta, CA is seeking an Engineering Technician with relevant aerospace industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
Must be able to read and follow written instruction as well as interpret and apply technical drawing views and notes.
- Must be organized and accountable for personal workload.
- Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware assemblies so as to maintain traceability.
- Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with engineers to create new processes.
- Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
- Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
- Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of assembly for complex structures and devices.
- Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred, including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and insulation resistance.
- 2-3 years or more documented experience in technical work. Aerospace experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equal - Junior college, trade school or university preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED