Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Engineering Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our facility in Goleta, CA is seeking an Associate Engineering Technician.
With limited supervision:
- Fabricates/assembles basic to moderately complex components and structures; coupled with material and varied compound preparation;
- Conducts pre and post inspection of work in progress before performing next operation and proceeding to next workstation to insure all quality requirements are met.
- Interprets blueprints and other instructions and proceeds to complete the assignments
- Communicates written and orally clearly
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Ability to understand and perform elementary principles of geometry;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specification requirements, and shop work instructions;
- General ability to use precision tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gages and other tools related to the job requirements;
- General ability to use digital multi meters, power supplies, and source meters
- Develops a general knowledge of material characteristics such as stress, expansion and shrinkage
- Working ability with algebra and geometry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED