Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Facilities and Environmental, Health & Safety
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Position Title: Manager, Facilities and Environmental, Health & Safety
Accountable for all aspects of both Facilities and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) departments for the Orbital ATK Space Components Division’s San Diego facility. Active involvement in both the leadership and daily operations of each area is required to achieve site goals and objectives and maintain necessary compliance with government regulations and corporate policies.
Vision / Leadership
- Communicate, manage and achieve site strategic and tactical goals for the Facilities and EH&S teams
- Direct leadership and development of the Facilities and EH&S personnel
- Provide cross-functional leadership by facilitating collaboration between departments to find real time solutions to internal constraints and/or external customer issues
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork and disciplined root cause problem solving
- Intense focus and ownership of employee development, including recognition and discipline
- Support strategic initiatives that span multiple locations within Space Components Division
- Ownership of all Facilities, Environmental, Health and Safety activities and processes across the site. This includes the development and execution of all standard work activities (preventive maintenance, hazardous waste and chemical disposal, storm water monitoring, paint booth VOC logs, spare part inventories, capital expenditure planning, etc) and unplanned activities that require urgent attention (facility and/or equipment issues, employee near misses/injuries, etc)
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding the safety, quality, delivery, employee and cost expectations of internal and external customers. This includes managing and resolving constraints and ensuring timely and effective hand-offs through all product value stream and process center areas as well as supporting the site’s production scheduling process to balance and optimize shop floor execution in support of program schedules and customer deliveries.
- Planning, scheduling and management of various on-site contractors (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc) for all facility/equipment maintenance and improvement activities
- Provide proactive EH&S support to all employees and operations, including training personnel, conducting investigations of incidents, reviewing new equipment installations, inspecting operations and procedures
- Define, measure and analyze results against key performance indicators (Safety and Environmental Scorecards, job hazard analyses, 5S audits, machine downtime, preventive maintenance performance) and then take appropriate actions to improve and better control processes
- Own, execute and continuously improve Daily Management processes (Daily Start-Ups, Obeya Meeting, Gemba Walks) among Facilities and EH&S teams. Follow escalation protocols to communicate/escalate key issues related to safety, quality, delivery, employee and cost upward to site leadership and downward into the organization.
- Ensure financial operating integrity by supporting financial planning, budgeting and forecasting (direct labor yield, overhead rates, etc)
- Proactively strengthen the Facilities and EH&S teams through the performance management process, including individual and team goal setting, coaching and personnel development
- Establish and maintain department training requirements and deploy resources according to skill sets
- Proactively mentor key talent to assume increased responsibilities and ensure succession plans are in place or in development
- Advocate a safe, secure and ethical working environment that maintains compliance with federal, state and local government regulations (OSHA, EPA, ISO, DOT, permits, etc) in addition to corporate policies
- Ensure all required EH&S reporting to government agencies is properly submitted in a timely manner
- Utilize and improve Orbital ATK’s Quality Management System to achieve compliance and maintain certifications for AS9100 and NADCAP
- 10+ years’ experience within a manufacturing environment (aerospace preferred) with responsibilities for Facilities, Maintenance, EH&S.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment (autoclaves, ovens, CNC machines), facility maintenance fields (mechanic, millwright, pipefitter, HVAC) and facility build-out/expansion projects
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- U.S. citizenship required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combined coursework and experience – Industrial Engineering, Facilities Management, Environmental, Health & Safety
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Health and Safety