Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Test Tech - Metrology
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Associate Metrology Technician at NGC - Innovation Systems, San Diego works as part of a small, dedicated Metrology team using state-of-the-art computer driven Metrology equipment. Daily tasks will take him/her throughout our 200,000 sq. ft. composite manufacturing facilities, supporting a variety of program needs, including:
- Metrology Support: For all tooling/production needs.
- Tooling: Manufacturing and Assembly per tool drawing or CAD-Model
- Production: Setup, fabrication of shop aids, align flight hardware per customer’s drawings or CAD-Model
- Knowledge of Basic Jig and Fixture building, and machine shop theory and practice
- Sets up and operate optical instruments to check overall and detailed alignment, fit, or adjustment of assemblies.
Minimum required experience/skills
- 0 to 2 years overall experience as a technician in the manufacturing/metrology field.
- 1 years’ experience with tooling setup and/or use.
- General Knowledge and experience using CAD software.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read drawings / blue prints and interpret GD&T.
- Availability to work Overtime and weekends as needed.
- Need to travel will be infrequent.
- Physical abilities: Must be able to work on feet for extended periods of time. Ability to manipulate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Ability to climb ladders, crawl, and sometimes access challenging locations. Familiarity with working around delicate,
spaceflight hardware an advantage.
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual with demonstrated history of working with minimal supervision.
Minimum requirement is high school diploma, or equivalent, some college preferred.
Certifications in engineering or metrology disciplines will be weighted favorably.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED