Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently hiring an Associate Manufacturing Technician to join our 2nd shift (1:00pm-10:30pm). This shift does include shift differential pay.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- Execute to written instructions.
- 0-1 Yrs. experience with close-tolerance assembly work (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling) or other equivalent experience.
- 0-1 Yrs. experience in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment preferred) and/or specialized education included in or post HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail required.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for quality excellence.
- Able to read, write and follow written instructions in English.
- Proficient use of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have Basic computer skills.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- US Citizen
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED