Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Production Control Clerk - 2nd Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking an Associate Production Control Clerk to join our 2nd Shift team. (2nd Shift hours are from 1:00 pm - 10:30 pm)
- Performs shop order release and closure in ERP and reconciliation of parts.
- Kits and delivers materials and parts across the campus.
- Supports multiple programs and ensures timely delivery of parts and materials.
- Supports planning and Master Scheduler by updating status of work in progress.
- Manage Production Inventory Location Kanban
- Performs Periodic Cycle Counts
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP Systems (Costpoint a plus)
- Experience with scheduling software (Dynafact a plus)
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (Solumina experience a plus)
- MS Office experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable in planning, input/output control, product structures, bill of materials, routings, demand management, stockroom, purchasing and actual accounting systems
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, proactive
- 1-3 years recent production control planning experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, inventory, production, procurement and quality basics
- Perform physical requirements of the position: using pallet jack or other equipment move parts weighing up to 45/50 lbs, as required.
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply continuous improvement terminology/tools: PES, LEAN, Six Sigma principles/DFSS/Lean design principles, Value Stream, and Kaizen.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- US Citizenship required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED