Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Test Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking an Associate Test Technician - 3rd Shift Position
The successful candidate will be trained to perform the following tasks:
- Prepare test specimens and perform testing on Instron type test machine using strain gage and extensometer instrumentation.
- Perform electrical wiring/hookup and installation of instrumentation used for testing including strain gages, LVDT, DCDT, load cell and force transducers.
- Work with chemicals in a lab environment using prescribed methods and personal protection equipment.
- Run computer controlled equipment.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a work environment where technical aptitude, operation of computer controlled equipment, and ability to perform hands-on tasks has been demonstrated.
- HS Diploma. Post-HS training, such as an applicable certification or AA degree, is a plus.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word and Excel) to document results.
- Knowledge in test instrumentation will be given strong preference.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and follow written procedures
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work.
- initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions in English.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends as needed based on demanding manufacturing schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8 hours each day.
OATK operates on a 9 hour work day, with every-other-Friday off (i.e. 9/80 work schedule). Candidates will be working first shift (5:00 am – 2:30 pm)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED