Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineering Metrology Technician
Orbital-ATK Aerospace Group is the world’s top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, and lightweight space deployable and solar arrays.
The Metrology Technician at OATK San Diego works as part of a small, dedicated Metrology team using state-of-the-art computer driven Metrology equipment. Daily tasks will take him/her throughout our 200,000 sq.ft. composite manufacturing facilities, supporting a variety of program needs, including:
- Metrology Support: For all tooling/production/inspection needs.
- Tooling: Manufacturing and Assembly per tool drawing or CAD-Model
- Production: Setup, fabrication of shop aids, align flight hardware per customer’s drawings or CAD-Model
- Inspection: Support inspections needs for in-process and End Item Data Pack deliverables
- Complete knowledge of jig and fixture building, and machine shop theory and practice
- Lay-out, fabricate, and assemble a variety of standard and nonstandard major jigs, fixtures, tool masters, master tooling gauges and related tooling involving compound angles and complex contours where the establishment and coordination to exacting tolerances of numerous dimensional features and reference points between several planes are required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and solve all tooling issues and provide assistance to production manufacturing engineering issues.
- Analyze data and provide reports in a variety of customers and format.
- Sets up and operate optical instruments to check overall and detailed alignment, fit, or adjustment of assemblies.
Minimum required experience/skills
- 2 to 5 years overall experience as a technician in the manufacturing/metrology field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating Metrology equipment (laser tracker, arm, etc).
- 1 years’ experience with tooling setup and/or use.
- General Knowledge with spatial analyzer software or similar software.
- General Knowledge and experience using CAD software.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read drawings / blue prints and interpret GD&T.
- Availability to work Overtime and weekends as needed.
- Need to travel will be infrequent.
- Physical abilities: Must be able to work on feet for extended periods of time. Ability to manipulate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Ability to climb ladders, crawl, and sometimes access challenging locations. Familiarity with working around delicate,
spaceflight hardware an advantage.
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual with demonstrated history of working with minimal supervision.
Minimum requirement is high school diploma, or equivalent, some college preferred.
Certifications in engineering or metrology disciplines will be weighted favorably.
*Position may be filled at lower level with 1-2 years overall experience, High School or High School equivalent and 3+ years of test/metrology experience.*
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED