Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Responsible for the successful technical, schedule and cost performance of the Landsat 9 program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
1. Provide day to day guidance to assigned program elements and specific program team members via frequent interface with team members and periodic team or special topic meetings. Assure that activities are the most effective means of program execution and that they are within the scope of the contract.
2. Support customer interface relative to assigned program responsibilities. Contribute to program review meetings, periodic progress reports, inputs to Orbital ATK contracts, etc.
3. Report progress, status, problems, issues for assigned program elements.
4. Manage technical performance of assigned program elements by quantitatively assessing key technical and programmatic parameters. Provide or approve technical direction develop actions plans, and/or assign responsibility for the resolution of specific technical problems.
5. Manage schedule performance of assigned program elements by creating, frequently assessing and as necessary, maintaining the program schedule and other supporting detailed schedules.
6. Manage cost performance of assigned program elements by reviewing various cost data provided by the program administrator such as time charges, actual vs. budgets, estimated to complete and estimates at completion, earned value variances and metrics. Approve all expenditures including task authorizations, purchase requisitions and invoices. Take corrective action where problems are indicated. Initiate engineering change proposals and/or respond to requests for proposal.
7. Follow procurement and subcontracts including timeliness of order placement and receipt of goods and services, P.R., and P.O. values, subcontract and consultant statements of work. Manage and Resolve procurement and subcontractor issues and drive expediting efforts.
8. May be called upon to resolve specific staffing and/or functional discipline issues by interaction with the functional managers in a matrix organization.
9. Initiate new tasks for assigned program elements and respond to and assure that customer and management action items are addressed.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years